Saturday, June 16, 2012

Val on a Retreat

I think that we are all a little better when we have a nice break now and then doing something we like to do. Here I am on my recent Pottery and Yoga retreat. It was a little treat for myself before the hustle and bustle of summer camp started. I haven't done any pottery since I was in summer camp as a 12 years old. I have wanted to try it again for quite awhile now. The opportunity presented itself and I jumped on it! It was a beautiful site for a retreat-Bethel Horizons in Dodgeville, Wisconsin. When you looked out of the big studio door, you could see fields and forests in the far distance. It was really warm but the constant breeze made it very pleasant. We had energizing yoga in the morning and TOTALLY relaxing yoga at night.

Centering the clay on the pottery wheel

Making the "cave" before you start to draw the clay up.

A few of my pots.
I came back refreshed and ready to go. As it turns out, this was a good call. I am surprised that even though I am in a new position as executive director of House In The Wood (thinking more about House In The Wood a few years down the road) and not dealing with the day-to-day of summer camp, the bustle of having summer staff training at camp still speeds everything up including me.

For more information on House In The Wood please go to our website at www.houseinthewood.org
We are operated by