Thursday, June 28, 2012

I Believe---in the Benefits of Outdoors

I believe in the benefits of being outdoors! I see it in myself and the children at camp everyday as they run, jump, learn and play outdoors. I see a sense of well-being and a nice feeling of exhaustion from a good day of play (or work) in myself and others at camp. I know that the days at camp that I get out of the office and away from the computer to spend some time outdoors are better days than when I am indoors all day--I sleep better and concentrate easier.

Longing to Go Outside...
My kitties--Tomasina, Chester and Sparky

Many people are concerned that our children are not going outside to play, that they spend their time indoors plugged into a socket somewhere while they play video games rather than going outside to play. I am concerned too. There is an increasing amount of evidence (the kind scientist like) that spending time outdoors has a whole bunch of benefits from curbing obesity to calming ADHD behavior. But for me...I just know that, at the end of a day playing outdoors--I FEEL GOOD!

For more information on House In The Wood please go to our website at www.houseinthewood.org
We are operated by